Thai, 29 years old, sales executive
1. What’s the average earnings and basic living costs of food?
|Average salary||22 000 ฿/month||$633|
|Milk, 1 liter||60 ฿||$2|
|Chicken, 1 kg||100 ฿||$3|
|Pork, 1 kg||150 ฿||$4|
|Eggs, 30 pieces||89 ฿||$3|
|Rice, 5 kg||149 ฿||$4|
|Oranges, 1 kg||60 ฿||$2|
2. What celebrations and festivals do you have in your country?
- Songkran (New Year)
- Children’s day
- Teacher’s day
- Father’s day
- Mother’s day
- Chinese New Year
- Many religious celebrations
3. What’s the weather like in your country?
|Winter||December – January||26°C|
|Summer||February – May||32°C|
|Raining season||June – November||32°C|
4. What’s the local cuisine and the dish of the day?
- Tom yam kung (soup)
- Somtam (salad)
- Kap khao (minced meat with basil)
5. What expectations do you have for your grandchildren?
I wish my grandchildren to speak 5 languages, have lots of talents (in math, with computers, in sport, music). I want them to be healthy, strong, be able to do everything they plan, work not for money but for pleasure.
6. How did you furnish and design your place? Is your house big/small?
2 floors, 2 toilet rooms, 2 bedrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 living room.
7. Is there anything unique created with people’s hands in this country?
- Fabric with a colourful pattern made from candle wax
- Silk shirts, skirts, pants
- Bags, wallets made from silk and dried vegetables
- Pottery, toys
- Perfume from local herbs
8. What pension are you entitled to in this country?
|Ordinary people||600 ฿/month||$17|
|Former military||5 000 – 10 000 ฿/month||$144-288|
9. How much would I be expected to pay for the following: land, house, apartment?
|Apartments in Bangkok||2-4 million ฿||$58 000 – 115 000|
|Apartments in Bangkok near BTS, MRT||4-6 million ฿||$115 000 – 173 000|
|A house in a village not far from Bangkok||1 million ฿||$29 000|
|Land in Uttaradit||200 000 ฿||$5 800|
10. How much would I be expected to pay for an apartment + energy bills + internet + other utilities monthly?
Town house near Bangkok
|Rental price||5 000 ฿/month||$144|
|Electricity||2 000 ฿/month||$58|
|Water supply||600 ฿/month||$17|
Apartments in Bangkok
|Rental price||4 000 ฿/month||$115|
|Electricity||2 500 ฿/month||$72|
|Water supply||100 ฿/month||$3|
11. What expectations do you hope to achieve for the future?
- I want to have 10 apartments not far from BTS, MRT to rent them out
- Live in a village
- Open my own mini market shop
- Buy land to open a market there
- To have a fruit and vegetable garden to eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- Have opportunities to travel
- Learn “Digital Marketing”