Russian, female, 27 years old, not working
1. Explain yourself in a few words.
I love traveling, meeting new people, sweets, cats, drawing and art. I like to bring good to this world.
2. What countries have you visited?
I have been to Belarus, Ukraine, Abkhazia, Georgia, South Korea, Czech Republic, Turkey, Thailand, China.
3. Where do you plan to travel to next?
Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India.
4. Can you give me a list of all necessary items required for your travel?
- Coconut oil
- Sleeping bag
- Flash light
- Paints, brushes, pencils for drawing
- Comfortable sneakers
5. May I ask your advice on guidance? What do you advice me not to do while I’m traveling?
- Be open to new experiences.
- Do not be afraid to change plans.
- Do not skimp on shoes.
- Do not panic in stressful situations.
- Do not put unnecessary items in your bag. For girls 15 kg bag is maximum, for guys 20 kg bag is maximum.
6. Have you got any slogans to describe yourself?
“Life is a Lego Creator. Play”, “We really can do whatever we want”.
7. What questions would you ask a more experienced traveler?
I usually ask what to see (non-tourist places specifically) and advice on where to have dinner, rent a motorcycle, etc. in each country.
8. In your experience how is traveling now in comparison to the past (let’s say 50 years ago) and do you expect things to change much in the future (let’s say in a 100 years, 1000 years)?
|Past:||It was easy to travel in the Soviet Union because it included more countries than Russia does now. Everywhere it was the same currency. People spent a lot of time to find the right address. They used notebooks and pencils a lot. You needed to call and notify about your coming in advance. Travelers communicated with locals more than they do now. There were more interesting adventures. But at the same time you felt a lot of social pressure if you didn’t work anywhere. Closed borders, “iron curtain”.|
|Now:||Traveling is much easier. We have Internet. Information is available. You don’t have to work after university now (right the opposite situation in the USSR).|
|Future:||It’ll be worse in the future. Traveling is getting popular. Hostels and restaurants appear everywhere. “Wild tourism” will end. Every place will be too civilized.|
9. What brings joy to your life?
Literally everything. I know how to enjoy simple things. A cup of tea alone in the morning, paragliding, solo trip, noisy party… It depends on my mood.
10. How to do it so you don’t think where to get money from?
Treat life simply. Options will be found by themselves. The main thing is desire and enthusiasm.
11. Why do you travel? What’s your spiritual way? What do you believe in (the Energy of the Galaxy, Mother Earth, religion, destiny)?
I travel because I like it and it makes me happier. It allows me to see the world through the eyes of other people. It widens my outlook. Traveling is the best way to live in the present moment. It gives you new experience, self-perfection. You struggle with difficulties and become stronger. It also frees you from materialism. Then you realize you need less for your happiness than you thought. Most of the things make you happy free of charge. I believe in karma. A person feels happier when he gives, not takes. I believe in God, but I don’t treat myself to any religion.
12. How do you want to die?
If I die by my own death, then cremation and disperse the ashes. If I die because of the accident, then I want my organs to be taken for using as implants by those who need them.
13. Why don’t people kill each other? Do you value life? Why do you value life?
I want to believe that humanity is on the path of evolution, not degradation. So everyone’s life gets better. The value of human life has increased. I value life because it’s a great gift. Life is the way to go your karmic path and full the destiny.
14. Why doesn’t everyone have sex with everyone?
The importance of sex is exaggerated because of propaganda of it in commercial broadcast. If everyone had sex with everyone, the humanity would stop reproduce itself because of the contraception. The institution of family would disappear. Even in the animal world no one has sex with everyone.
15. What travel apps and websites do you use?
- Google Translate
- Google maps
- Some specific for each country apps (KakaoMap in Korea)