Argentinian, female, 31 years old, accountant
1. Explain yourself in a few words.
I am an independent woman with strong feelings. I’m curious. I always want to know something new. My friends are most important for me. I miss my friends. I leave them behind when I travel.
2. What countries have you visited?
Argentina, Uruguay, Bolivia, Peru, Brazil, Cuba, Denmark, England, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Czech Republic, Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Sweden, Iceland, Morocco, Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Kazakhstan.
3. Where do you plan to travel to next?
Mongolia, China, South East Asia. Then Denmark, then Argentina for summer (December is summer).
4. Can you give me a list of all necessary items required for your travel?
- Clothes (not much)
- Toiletries (no make up)
- Camera (Sony Alpha 5000)
- First Aid Kit
- Good shoes
- Credit cards
5. May I ask your advice on guidance? What do you advice me not to do while I’m traveling?
- Give a smile. It open doors.
- Trust your instincts (listen to your inner voice).
- Don’t be arrogant. Don’t compare this or that country to yours.
- Make a small research where you go next (how to get there, what bus to take). But not overlook because you will lose your surprise capacity.
- Don’t think your trip will help you to escape from your problems. They’ll go with you.
6. Have you got any slogans to describe yourself?
“Just breathe and move on”.
7. What questions would you ask a more experienced traveler?
If you’re tired of traveling here, are you planning to go to another planet?
8. In your experience how is traveling now in comparison to the past (let’s say 50 years ago) and do you expect things to change much in the future (let’s say in a 100 years, 1000 years)?
|Past:||It was harder. No internet. No Google Translator and other stuff. It was more interesting., wilder. More dangerous.|
|Now:||It’s more popular. Lots of people traveling. People don’t care about places. Thousands of people run to cities and destroy cities. Now it’s more available to people. In the past it was only for rich guys.|
|Future:||Some cities will collapse like Barcelona. It’s becoming more expensive. Locals leave it. Now people travel for a great post on Facebook. In the future it’ll be more about “likes” and social media. Which is very sad…|
9. What brings joy to your life?
My friends. I would like to travel with my friends and spend time together. Chocolate, “Malbek” wine and Netflix for Saturday night. Sometimes my boyfriend.
10. How to do it so you don’t think where to get money from?
I’m an accountant. I control numbers. I control how much money I need to spend. If there’s not enough money for the trip, I change the trip.
11. Why do you travel? What’s your spiritual way? What do you believe in (the Energy of the Galaxy, Mother Earth, religion, destiny)?
I travel because I don’t feel myself complete at home. I’m very curious. I loved to read about history, religions (it’s just opinions!), watch documentaries. I want to go and see with my own eyes. I’m sure that there are more good than bad people in the world.
I believe in myself, my acts and consequences of my acts. I am not religious. But I love to read history of religions. You’re weak. That’s why you believe in something unreal.
I wear an amulet “life trees”. A gift from my friends. I miss them. I want to take care of environment.
12. How do you want to die?
In peace with my family and friends. I don’t want to die alone. That’s so sad. I believe there’s something after death. My friend died. I think she is in the other place. I don’t know heaven, hell, paradise, spirits… I don’t like the idea “when you die everything stops”.
13. Why don’t people kill each other? Do you value life? Why do you value life?
People kill each other… In normal life we don’t kill each other. We’re social beings and we need each other to survive. We evolved to better people from the ancient times. It’s cultural evolution. But we’re still animals. They kill when they’re hungry, looking for food. Only in that case.
Religion did a good thing by saying “Don’t kill each other”.
Yes, I value life. I think if I value my life, I must value other lives. We came here to enjoy and be happy. It’s the only thing we have.
14. Why doesn’t everyone have sex with everyone?
Some people have. Some cultures have different views on sex. It’s not the same for me, Indian girl, Muslim girl… In my country a girl who has 2 guys is a whore. A boy who has 2 girls is a hero.
I respect my boyfriend. I am loyal to him. I have to ask first. If he doesn’t allow, I don’t do. If allows, then yes.
15. What travel apps and websites do you use?
- Google Maps
- Hostel World
- XE Currency
- Airlines app
- Bla-bla car
16. What do you like most and least about traveling?
Most – Try new food. I feel surprised when I arrive at a place. I feel like a child. I like to have crazy conversations with people, exchange opinions. I really miss my country, people, food. When I travel I feel I like it more and more.
Least – People snoring. Guys who think CS is Tinder (dating app). Dirty places.
17. How does traveling change you?
I started traveling because I wanted to see the world with my own eyes. That hasn’t changed. The way I travel changed. I’m not young. I woke up at 8 am and was ready to go. Now it’s 10-11. In the future I’ll take only private rooms, not bunk beds.