Chinese, female, 37 years old, accountant
1. What’s the average earnings and basic living costs of food?
|Average salary||18 000 MOP/month||$2 250|
|Milk, 1 liter||27 MOP||$3.4|
|Eggs, 8 pieces||13 MOP||$1.6|
|Rice, 8 kg||131 MOP||$16.4|
|Chicken, 1 kg||27 MOP||$3.4|
|Pork, 1 kg||26 MOP||$3.3|
|Beef, 1 kg||45 MOP||$5.6|
|Water, 5.4 liters||26.7 MOP||$3.3|
|Apple, 4 pieces||18 MOP||$2.3|
|Orange, 1 kg||20 MOP||$2.5|
|Bananas, 1 kg||8.5 MOP||$1|
2. What celebrations and festivals do you have in your country?
We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, Chinese New Year, Christmas.
3. What’s the weather like in your country?
|Wet, raining weather||March – June|
|Hot weather, 38°C||June – October|
|Winter, 3°C||November – February|
4. What’s the local cuisine and the dish of the day?
Every day food:
- Stir-fried fish
- Meat (chicken, pork, duck)
- Dim sum
5. What expectations do you have for your grandchildren?
I wish them good health and happiness. Health is the most important thing in life.
6. How did you furnish and design your place? Is your house big/small?
Apartment. 5 bedrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 living room, a small balcony.
7. Is there anything unique created with people’s hands in this country?
Macau’s food is unique:
- Egg tarts
- Egg rolls
8. What pension are you entitled to in this country?
For both male and female
|65 years old||5 000 MOP/year||$625|
65+ years old – free medical support.
9. How much would I be expected to pay for the following: land, house, apartment?
They don’t sell land in Macau.
|Apartment||15 000 MOP/m²||$1 875|
10. How much would I be expected to pay for an apartment + energy bills + internet + other utilities monthly?
Apartment, 5 rooms
|Electricity||300 – 500 MOP/month||$38 – 63|
|Water supply||350 MOP/month||$44|
11. What expectations do you hope to achieve for the future?
I want to have a better apartment. I want to stay happy.
12. How do you want to die?
While I’m sleeping so it won’t hurt.