Kyrgyz, male, 37 years old, farmer
1. What’s the average earnings and basic living costs of food?
|Average salary||5 000 som/month||$71|
|Milk, 1 liter||25 som||$0.4|
|Rice, 1 kg||45-150 som||$0.6-2.1|
|Chicken, 1 kg||120 som||$1.7|
|Beef, 1 kg||270 som||$3.9|
|Lamb, 1 kg||250 som||$4.6|
|Egg, 1 piece||10 som||$0.14|
|Potatoes, 1 kg||9 som||$0.13|
|Apples, 1 kg||60 som||$0.9|
|Bananas, 1 kg||120 som||$1.7|
2. What celebrations and festivals do you have in your country?
|New Year||1 January|
|Victory Day||9 May|
|Valentine’s Day||14 February|
|Defender of the Fatherland Day||23 February|
|Independence Day||31 August|
|Kurman Ait||11 August|
3. What’s the weather like in your country?
|Winter (-25°C)||December – February|
|Spring (+15°C)||March – May|
|Summer (+36°C)||June – August|
|Autumn (+18°C)||September – November|
4. What’s the local cuisine and the dish of the day?
National Kyrgyz food:
- Kazy Karta
5. What expectations do you have for your grandchildren?
I wish them to grow up and learn well, find a good place in life.
6. How did you furnish and design your place? Is your house big/small?
Big house in Karakol. 180 m². 5 bedrooms, kitchen, 1 shower/toilet.
7. Is there anything unique created with people’s hands in this country?
Horse accessories: leather saddle, felt. Sheep sheets and blankets.
8. What pension are you entitled to in this country?
Females (55 years old) and males (65 years old) get 6 000 som ($85). People who live high in the mountains get 7 000 som ($100). World War 2 veterans get 14 000 som ($200).
9. How much would I be expected to pay for the following: land, house, apartment?
|House in Karakol (5 acres, 70 m²)||1 million som||$15 000|
|Apartment in Karakol (1 bedroom)||1 million som||$15 000|
|Apartment in Bishkek (1 bedroom)||1.75 million som||$25 000|
10. How much would I be expected to pay for an apartment + energy bills + internet + other utilities monthly?
House in Karakol (5 bedrooms)
|House taxes||600 som/year||$8.5|
11. What expectations do you hope to achieve for the future?
I want my kids to learn well. Be able to pay for their schools, universities. I want my farm to be profitable. Build a new house for resting and live there. Travel to Cyprus.
12. How do you want to die?
Painlessly. Go to sleep and don’t wake up. Without pain. After kids, not before.