Indian, female, 28 years old, marketing strategist
1. What’s the average earnings and basic living costs of food?
|Average salary||40 000 – 50 000 rupee/month||$540-675|
|Rice, 1 kg||40-50 rupee||$0.5-0.7|
|Chicken, 1 kg||150 rupee||$2|
|Beef, 1 kg||200 rupee||$2.7|
|Pork, 1 kg||350 rupee||$4.7|
|Mutton, 1 kg||700 rupee||$9.5|
|Egg, 1 piece||7 rupee||$0.1|
|Potatoes, 1 kg||30 rupee||$0.4|
2. What celebrations and festivals do you have in your country?
|New Year||1 January|
|Women’s Day||8 March|
|Father’s Day||3rd Sunday of June|
|Mother’s Day||2nd Sunday of May|
|Children’s Day||24 November|
|Gandhi’s birthday||2 October|
|Independence Day||15 August|
3. What’s the weather like in your country?
|Winter||December – February|
|Spring||February – March|
|Summer||April – July|
|Raining season||July – September|
|Autumn||September – November|
4. What’s the local cuisine and the dish of the day?
Every state (29) has its own cuisine.
National dish – biryani (20 kinds). National street food – pani puri.
- Butter chicken
- Kadhai paneer
- Fish curries
- Palak paneer
- Tandoori chicken (a lot of spices)
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Mutton Rogan Josh
- Laal maans
- Sweets (Rasgulla, Mishti doi, Laddu, Barfi, Gulab jamun)
5. What expectations do you have for your grandchildren?
I wish them living in a country that’s not conservative anymore. Where there’s equality.
6. How did you furnish and design your place? Is your house big/small?
Minimalistic. 37 m² apartment. 1 bedroom, 1 living room, kitchen, bathroom/toilet.
7. Is there anything unique created with people’s hands in this country?
Pottery (toys, lamps). Silk. Handcrafted textiles. Wooden toys.
8. What pension are you entitled to in this country?
Government jobs only. Females (60 years old) and males (60 years old) get 25 000 rupee ($338).
Private fond: 12% of your salary + same amount from government go to your pension fond.
9. How much would I be expected to pay for the following: land, house, apartment?
|2 BHK apartment in Bangalore (2 bedrooms)||7-10 million rupee||$95 000 – 135 000|
|House + Land in Kolkata (200 m²)||50 million rupee||$675 000|
10. How much would I be expected to pay for an apartment + energy bills + internet + other utilities monthly?
Apartment in Bangalore (1 bedroom)
|Apartment rent||9 000 rupee||$122|
|Internet||1 250 rupee||$17|
|Rented furniture||1 800 rupee||$24|
|Maid (cleans apartment)||3 000 rupee||$41|
11. What expectations do you hope to achieve for the future?
Make enough money by 40 years old. Own a shack near the beach and a nice little cafe around. Travel the world.
12. How do you want to die?
When I turn 60 years old. Maybe I’ll end my life myself.