Taiwanese, male, 35 years old, CEO of a fashion distribution company
1. What’s the average earnings and basic living costs of food?
|Average salary||20 000 – 30 000 HKD/month||$2 500 – 3 800|
|Milk, 1 liter||15 HKD||$1.9|
|Eggs, 12 pieces||20 HKD||$2.6|
|Chicken, whole||30 – 40 HKD||$3.8 – 5.1|
|Pork, 1 kg||30 – 40 HKD||$3.8 – 5.1|
|Beef, 1 kg||50 – 60 HKD||$6.4 – 7.7|
|Bananas, 4 pieces||10 HKD||$1.3|
|Guava, 1 piece||30 HKD||$3.8|
|Mango, 3 pieces||15 HKD||$1.9|
2. What celebrations and festivals do you have in your country?
|Chinese New Year||January, February (depends on a lunar calendar)|
|Mid Autumn Festival||September|
|Ching Ming Festival||April|
3. What’s the weather like in your country?
|Summer||May – October|
|Winter||November – February|
|Spring||March – April|
4. What’s the local cuisine and the dish of the day?
We usually have meals at tea houses or restaurants with mixed food (Russian, Chinese, Indian, Filipino).
Dish of the day: soup, dimsum.
5. What expectations do you have for your grandchildren?
I wish them to live in the world that still exists. To live in the world with good environment, good quality water, in the more secure and fair world.
6. How did you furnish and design your place? Is your house big/small?
Modern style apartment. 46 m². 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 2 balconies.
7. Is there anything unique created with people’s hands in this country?
Hong Kong is known for its dried seafood and medicine made from animal parts that makes you live longer.
8. What pension are you entitled to in this country?
After you reach 60-65 years old, yo receive a pension from the pension fond. While you work you transfer 5% of your wage and another 5% your employer transfers to your pension fond every month.
9. How much would I be expected to pay for the following: land, house, apartment?
|New apartment, MRT Jordan||12 million HKD||$1.5 million|
|Old apartment (15-20 years old), MRT Jordan||3-6 million HKD||$385 000 – 770 000|
10. How much would I be expected to pay for an apartment + energy bills + internet + other utilities monthly?
Apartment in Kowloon
|Rent||25 000 HKD/month||$3 205|
|Electricity||1 000 HKD/month||$128|
11. What expectations do you hope to achieve for the future?
I want to be a billionaire, get married, be free and travel more.
12. How do you want to die?
I want to die on another planet. Or if possible to upload my brain/consciousness on a computer.