Chinese, male, 24 years old, bartender
1. What’s the average earnings and basic living costs of food?
|Average salary||4 000 yuan/month||$630|
|Milk, 3.2 liters||24 yuan||$3.8|
|Strawberry, 1 kg||40 yuan||$6.3|
|Bananas, 1 kg||9.6 yuan||$1.5|
2. What celebrations and festivals do you have in your country?
|Labour Day||1 May|
|National Day||1 October|
|Chinese New Year||February (different time every year)|
|Tomb-sweeping Day||15 April (different time every year)|
3. What’s the weather like in your country?
Weather in Beijing
|Winter (-20° C)||November – March|
|Spring (+20° C)||March – May|
|Summer (+35-38° C)||May – October|
|Autumn (+25° C)||October – November|
4. What’s the local cuisine and the dish of the day?
Every day food:
- steamed bread
- Chinese pancake
- Baozi (steamed dumplings)
- Egg boiled with tea
5. What expectations do you have for your grandchildren?
I wish them to be born not in China because it’s a tough place.
6. How did you furnish and design your place? Is your house big/small?
Small apartment. 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen.
7. Is there anything unique created with people’s hands in this country?
- Bandhnu (colourful scarves, shirts, small curtains to stick to the wall)
- Chinese knotting (for keys, stick to the wall)
- Marble (Chinese statues)
8. What pension are you entitled to in this country?
9. How much would I be expected to pay for the following: land, house, apartment?
|Apartment in Beijing (80 m², 2 bedrooms, 1 living room)||11 000 000 yuan||$1 732 283|
|Apartment in Inner Mongolia (60 m², 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen)||450 000 yuan||$70 866|
10. How much would I be expected to pay for an apartment + energy bills + internet + other utilities monthly?
11. What expectations do you hope to achieve for the future?
I want to live by myself. I want to be reliable. I want to do whatever I want.
12. How do you want to die?
Around 50-60 years old. Naturally. I don’t want to suffer. If I die by an accident, then quickly. I don’t want to suffer from disease.