French, female, 37 years old, unemployed
1. Explain yourself in a few words.
I’m 37 years old, single. I was born in Lorient (northwest coast of France). I have a master’s degree in “Sport Science”.
2. What countries have you visited?
Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Madagascar, Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, Cuba, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile, Botswana, Zambia, Myanmar, Cambodia.
3. Where do you plan to travel to next?
Zambia for a year or Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Albania, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Mongolia).
4. Can you give me a list of all necessary items required for your travel?
- Trekking shoes
- A passport
- Medicine (antibiotics)
- A flashlight (to use in caves or in cities when there’s no electricity)
- A waterproof bag
5. May I ask your advice on guidance? What do you advice me not to do while I’m traveling?
Pay attention to what locals say. If they say “don’t go there”, then don’t do it (walking, swimming). Keep in mind that you have white skin.
6. Have you got any slogans to describe yourself?
“Do it because nobody will do it for you”.
7. What questions would you ask a more experienced traveler?
In your experience how is traveling now in comparison to the past (let’s say 50 years ago) and do you expect things to change much in the future (let’s say in a 100 years, 1000 years)?